Last modified: June 22, 2016
First Pick LLC (the “Company”, “We”, or “Us”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information We may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.getfirstpick.com and register for/download the mobile application (collectively, the “Service”), and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information We collect:
• On the Service.
• In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Service.
• Through mobile applications you download from the Service that provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction.
It does not apply to information collected by:
• Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Company or
• any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Service.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to the Service. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Service or on or through any of its features/register on the Service, make any purchases through the Service, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Service or provide any information about yourself to Us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If We learn We have collected or received personal information from a child under 13, We will delete that information. If you believe We might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact Us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Service, including information:
• by which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, telephone number, Facebook ID, Facebook URL, Facebook picture (“ personal information”);
• that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as Facebook friends, phone contacts, demographic information; and/or
• about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Service and usage details.
We collect this information:
• Directly from you when you provide it to Us.
• Automatically as you navigate through the Service. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information We collect on or through the Service may include:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Service. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by Us, and when you report a problem with the Service.
• Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact Us.
• Your responses to surveys that We might ask you to complete for research purposes.
• Your search queries on the Service.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Service, or transmitted to other users of the Service or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, We cannot control the actions of other users of the Service with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, We cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with the Service, We may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
• Details of your visits to the Service, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Service.
• Information about your computer, internet connection, and mobile device, including your IP address, operating system, phone model, and browser type.
The information We collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but We may maintain it or associate it with personal information We collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps Us to improve the Service and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling Us to:
• Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
• Store information about your preferences, allowing Us to customize the Service according to your individual interests.
• Speed up your searches.
• Recognize you when you return to the Service.
The technologies We use for this automatic data collection may include:
• Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Service may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Service. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
• Web Beacons. Pages of the Service and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but We may tie this information to personal information about you that We collect from other sources or you provide to Us.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that We collect about you or that you provide to Us, including any personal information:
• To operate, maintain, and improve the Service.
• To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from Us.
• To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
• To provide you with notices about your account, and respond to comments, questions, and provide customer service.
• To notify you about changes to the Service or any products or services We offer or provide though it.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features on the Service.
• To process and deliver contest entries and rewards.
• To communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by Us and our selected partners.
• In any other way We may describe when you provide the information.
• For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want Us to use your information in this way, please adjust your user preferences in your account profile. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
• To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
• To contractors, service providers, and other third parties We use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which We disclose it to them.
• To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of First Pick LLC’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by First Pick LLC about the Service’s users is among the assets transferred.
• To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give Us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of the Service, We will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
• For any other purpose disclosed by Us when you provide the information.
• With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
• To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
• If We believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of First Pick LLC, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to Us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
• Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by logging into the Service and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending Us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org If We have sent you a promotional email, you may send Us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
• We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (”NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Service and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send Us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to Us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if We believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Service who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Service like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Service.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We take reasonable actions to protect your personal information, We cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Service. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Service.
1809 Taper Dr., Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15241; or at email@example.com